Like a True Friend


Psalm 55
13 But it is you, a man like myself,
my companion, my close friend,

14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
as we walked with the throng at the house of God.

15 Let death take my enemies by surprise;
let them go down alive to the grave, [a]
for evil finds lodging among them.

16 But I call to God,
and the LORD saves me.

17 Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress,
and he hears my voice.

18 He ransoms me unharmed
from the battle waged against me,
even though many oppose me.


Like a true friend we can enjoy our fellowship with God. How? in our prayers, in our bible reading and in our talk with people. For me he is like my closest friend whom I can always be honest and whom I can trust. We suppose to recognize the presence of God in our daily lives. If we do it, it is like we can be secure. In verse 19, expresses that the man in the Psalm was like unharmed from the battle waged against him. Isn't it awesome? Therefore God is just beside us when we call His name like a friend.